Call Us Anytime
We Are Here To Help
We will provide the personal attention you
deserve and will guide you through the legal process.
Free Case Review -
Home » E-Cigarettes » E-Cigarette Lawsuit
E-cigarettes are growing in popularity. However, little is known about their potential health impacts. Some research suggests that vaping may expose users to formaldehyde and other dangerous chemicals.
E-cigarette Lawsuit Reviews
Bernstein Liebhard LLP is now offering free legal reviews to individuals who may have been harmed by electronic cigarettes. You may be eligible to file an e-cigarette lawsuit if you or a loved one used one of these devices and experienced any of the following side effects while doing so:
- Nicotine poisoning/toxicity
- Skin/eye exposure
- Congestive heart failure (CHF)
To learn more, please contact our attorneys today by calling (888) 994-5118.
E-Cigarette Legal News
- December 2015: A class action lawsuit has been filed against Cuttwood, LLC, alleging that its vaping liquids contain diacetyl and/or acetyl propionyl (2,3,-pentanedione) in “the highest concentration that has ever been seen in any e-liquid.” The lawsuit’s lead plaintiff further alleges that she was misled into purchasing the defendant’s e-cigarette products because she believed they were safer than traditional cigarettes
- February 2015: The Center for Environmental Health has filed suit against dozens of e-cigarette manufacturers, after testing allegedly uncovered cancer-causing ingredients in some popular brands., The complaint charges that the defendants, including RJ Reynolds, NJoy and ITG Brands, violated California’s Proposition 65 by failing to warn consumers about the high levels of harmful chemicals in their products. The lawsuit seeks a recall of the e-cig products named in the complaint, as well as the addition of clear and reasonable warning to those sold in the future.
E-Cigarettes: What’s the Problem?
E-cigarettes have become extremely popular, especially among young people. They are seen by many as a healthier alternative to traditional tobacco products. But in reality, these products have not been well-studied, so their risk-benefit profile remains largely unknown. However, some research has suggested that e-cigarettes could pose very real health risks:
- January 2016: Research published in Oral Oncology suggests that vaping liquid can damage epithelial cells and DNA in a way that could promote cancer.
- December 2015: Harvard researchers analyzing 51 e-cigarette products found the flavoring diacetyl in 39 (up to 239 μg/e-cigarette). Diacetyl has been linked to a dangerous respiratory ailment called popcorn lung, The study team also found that 46 flavored e-cigarettes contained acetoin (up to 529 μg/e-cigarette) and 23 contained 2,3-pentanedione (up to 64 μg/e-cigarette). Both of those chemicals have been tied to lung disorders.
- May 2014: The New York Times reports on two studies that found formaldehyde in the vapor produced by e-cigarettes known as tank systems.
Lean More About Filing an E-Cigarette Lawsuit
You may be eligible to file an e-cgarette lawsuit if you or a loved one experienced health issues that could be associated with vaping. To find out more, please call(888) 994-5118 to talk with a member of our legal team.
Last Modified: April 13, 2016